Elements of Inspiration Treacherous Traps Box Set RPG English Kickstarter Edition
The ultimate resource for creating and using traps in your 5th edition games! Over 250 pre-made traps and a random trap generator!
Save time preparing your dungeon, make off-the-cuff traps or create your own! This collection of decks includes 250 pre-made traps for 5E D&D that will challenge any party from minor setbacks to deadly threats, as well as a trap generator with 2,500 possible combinations!
Treacherous Traps is an incredible resource for GMs looking to get more out of their dungeon design. The book includes two hundred and fifty pre-made traps of varying difficulty, so you can always find the perfect trap for your party.
There's also a random trap generator chapter written in part by the legendary Steve Winter. This chapter contains fifty Trap Triggers and fifty Trap Effects that combine to create up to twenty-five different combinations.
Although the contents of this book and deck collection were written for D&D 5th Edition, the trap concepts and mechanics can easily be adapted for other editions of D&D, as well as other fantasy tabletop roleplaying games.
Treacherous Traps currently consists of 16 chapters:
1. The Philosophy of Traps - An introduction to traps and their use in fantasy RPGs: why to use them, when to use them, and how to keep them exciting!
2. How to Use Traps - A detailed look at how best to use traps in your adventures, as well as a guide on how the pre-made traps are constructed in Chapters 3-7.
3. Level 1-4 Traps - Traps suitable for groups of level 1-4 characters. 50 traps in total, a mix of profane, mechanical and magical traps. They are categorized into 5 levels of severity ranging from easy "setbacks" to "moderate", "dangerous" and "life threatening" to "deadly"!
4. Level 5-8 Traps - Traps suitable for groups of level 5-8 characters. A total of 50 traps, a mix of mundane, mechanical and magical traps. They are divided into 5 degrees of severity as described above. Some are upgraded versions of traps from previous chapters.
5. Level 9-12 Traps - Traps suitable for groups of level 9-12 characters. 50 traps in total, a mix of mundane, mechanical and magical traps. They are divided into 5 degrees of severity as described above. Some are upgraded versions of traps from previous chapters.
6. Level 13-16 Traps - Traps suitable for groups of level 13-16 characters. 50 traps in total, a mix of mundane, mechanical and magical traps. They are divided into 5 degrees of severity as described above. Some are upgraded versions of traps from previous chapters.
7. Level 17-20 Traps - Traps suitable for groups of level 17-20 characters. 50 traps in total, a mix of mundane, mechanical and magical traps. They are divided into 5 degrees of severity as described above. Some are upgraded versions of traps from previous chapters.
8. Complex Traps - This chapter consists of up to 25 complex traps that have multiple triggers, effects, or both. Many Complex Traps reset after activation, so they remain dangerous unless deactivated or destroyed.
9. Random Trap Generator - This chapter consists of 50 triggers and 50 effects. When combined, they create a random trap that is both interesting and challenging. With 2500 different combinations, in part dreamed up by the legendary Steve Winter, this really is an incredible resource for any gamemaster!
10. Design Your Own Traps - This chapter details how to design your own traps using our unique methods.
11. Creating Trap-Oriented Dungeons - This chapter is all about how to place your traps in the best possible spots in your dungeons for maximum results. It includes a random dungeon generator as well as detailed diagrams showing where the best places to place the traps are.
12. Amazing Puzzles - This chapter is about puzzles. They can be big or small, simple or complex, but they are all challenging in their own way. They can even be combined with traps or trap effects to turn them from obstacles into potentially deadly encounters.
13. Creating Puzzle Oriented Dungeons - This chapter provides detailed instructions on how to create your own puzzles and how to incorporate puzzles into your dungeon design.
14. Seductive Secrets - This chapter offers suggestions on how and when to use secrets in your adventures.
15. Ridiculous Riddles - This chapter contains a diverse selection of riddles that can be used along with traps, riddles and secrets.
16. Player Options - This chapter contains a new player profession (the Trapsmith) and options for players to design and set their own traps.
All decks associated with Traps of Treachery can be used with or without the book.
Tier 1-4 Traps. This 50-card Deck contains all of the Traps from Chapter 3 of Treacherous Traps.
Tier 5-8 traps. This 50-card deck contains all of the traps from Chapter 4 of Treacherous Traps.
Level 9-12 traps. This 50-card deck contains all of the traps from Chapter 5 of Treacherous Traps.
Level 13-16 traps. This 50-card deck contains all of the traps from Chapter 6 of Treacherous Traps.
Level 17-20 traps. This 50-card deck contains all of the traps from Chapter 7 of Treacherous Traps.
Random trap generator. This set of 100 cards is from Chapter 9 of Treacherous Traps. It contains 50 trigger cards and 50 effect cards. A gamemaster separates the two card types, shuffles them, and then draws 1 card from each deck. The combination of trigger and effect creates a random trap each time. This is a great tool for impromptu adventures and for game masters who want to be just as surprised as their players by what they find in the dungeon!
-Description of the publisher
As this is a crowdfunding project, we cannot guarantee the delivery date.
- Shipping Terms
- packaging philosophy
INCLUDE A MESSAGE ABOUT YOUR SHIPPING POLICY